Effective date: November 5th, 2020
These General Terms apply generally to the use of the service Remo (the “Service” or “Remo”) and constitute a contract between you and the company providing the Service, Remo USA, Inc. (“The Company”). These terms govern your access to and use of the Remo application and website (the “Websites”), and any video, sound, text, graphics, or other materials sent, received, stored or otherwise appearing in the Service (collectively referred to as “Content”). Parts of the Service may display Content that is not Remo’s (“User Content”). Such content is the sole responsibility of the person or entity that has made it available.
Where applicable, “The Company” shall also be understood as a reference to affiliates, suppliers, partners and other third parties Remo may engage or otherwise cooperate with in connection with the Service.
We can change these Terms at any time. We keep a historical record of all changes to our Terms. Remo will inform you when changes take effect. By using Remo on or after that effective date, you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to them, you should request the deletion of your account.
2. Age limitation
Remo is only for people 16 years old and over. By using Remo, you affirm that you are over 16. If we learn that someone under 16, without proper supervision, is using Remo, we’ll terminate their account.
3. How you can use the Service
Remo is for legitimate individual use only (personal or business communication). Your use of Remo requires that you have hardware, software and an Internet connection fulfilling certain recommended requirements, as may be specified in our FAQ. If the recommended requirements are not met, you may potentially still use the Service, but normally with a lower quality or performance. Such reduced quality or performance will not give you the right to claim any compensation from Remo.
To use certain parts of the Service, you will need to create a personal Remo account. You may register an account by following the instructions on the Website or other instructions prompted to you. You are responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and updated personal information, and for safeguarding your account information. You may not select or use an identity of another person with the intent to impersonate that person. You must use a valid e-mail address, and Remo reserves the right to verify this at any time. Remo will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
Your account is strictly personal and shall not be used by any other person without your supervision. Neither shall you assign your account to any other person. You are in any event solely responsible for the use of the Service through your personal user account.
We may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the Service or your account, at any time, without notice. We reserve the right to impose limitations of use based on what we consider fair or legitimate usage, both for free and paying users.
You are responsible for your use of Remo, including the lawfulness of any content displayed, shared, uploaded or otherwise made available by you in the Service (“the User Content”).
You are responsible for compliance with all recording laws. The host (the account owner) and the event manager can choose to record a presentation. You will receive a notification (visual or oral) when a presentation is being recorded. Hosts (account owners) or event managers can require that all recordings of presentations are accompanied by a pop-up notice to attendees and speakers that a recording is taking place and there is a visual indicator when recording is on.
By using Remo, you are giving Remo consent to recording any or all presentations that you join and to store recordings of any and all presentations that you join. If you do not consent to be recorded or to the storage of the recording, you can choose to leave the presentation.
Restrictions on Content and Use of the Service
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public.
Do not use the Service to engage in illegal activities or to promote activities that are dangerous and illegal, such as the sale of illegal drugs or human trafficking. We reserve the right to remove User Content that violates applicable local laws, and we reserve the right to report illegal activity to applicable local authorities and/or terminate the Service on your account.
Prohibited User Content includes, without limitation, content which:
- Hate Speech, The Service promotes free expression, but hate speech is not permitted. Hate speech is User Content that engages in, endorses, promotes or condones violence against or has the primary purpose of inciting hatred against an individual or group based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic that is associated with bigotry, systemic discrimination, marginalization, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual. Do not violate the rights of other users or the Service.
- Harassing, Bullying and Threatening. Do not engage in harassing, bullying or threatening behaviour and do not incite others to engage in these or similar aggressive activities. Anyone using the Service to single someone out for malicious abuse, to threaten someone with serious harm, to sexualize a person in an unwanted way, or to harass in any other ways may have the offending User Content removed or be permanently banned from using the Service. In emergency situations, we may escalate imminent threats of serious harm to law enforcement. Online harassment is illegal in many places and can have serious offline consequences for both the harasser and the victim.
- Sexually Explicit Material. Do not engage in sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, erotic or any other indecent behaviour while using the Service. Do not publish, circulate, display or link to non-explicit intimate and sexual images or videos and do not access commercial pornography sites while using the Service. Your profile photo cannot include mature or offensive content. Depictions of nudity are only allowed when they serve a clear educational, scientific or artistic purpose.
- Personal and Confidential Information. Do not disclose other individual’s personal information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords. Do not use restricted or password access pages or hidden pages or images and do not solicit password or personal data from other users. Do not make or show recordings of minors without consent from the holder of parental responsibility.
- Unsafe to Children. Do not engage in or display content that exploits or abuses children (e.g. all child sexual abuse imagery (even cartoon images) and content that presents children in a sexual manner) while using the Service. Such content will be removed, and appropriate action will be taken, including disabling accounts and reporting to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Violent. While using the Service, do not engage in violent behaviour or show violent or gory content that is intended to be shocking, sensational, or gratuitous, and do not encourage others to commit specific acts of violence. If displaying news or documentary, scientific, or artistic information that contains graphic content while using the Service, provide enough context to help users understand what is going on. In some cases, the content may be so violent or shocking that no amount of context will allow the content to be shown.
- Terrorist Content. Do not participate in conduct or display content related to terrorism such as content promoting terrorist acts, inciting violence or celebrating terrorist attacks. If content related to terrorism is for an educational, documentary, scientific or artistic purpose, provide enough information so users understand the context.
- Malicious and Deceptive. Do not transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of the network, servers, or other infrastructure of Remo or others. Do not use the Service for phishing scams.
- Spam. Do not spam, including by sharing unwanted promotional or commercial content or unwanted mass solicitation. Do not aggressively share content with individuals you do not know.
- Misleading. Do not participate in or display content that deceives, misleads or confuses users. This includes misleading content related to civic and democratic processes and to harmful health practices and manipulated media. Misleading content may be allowed when the purpose is educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic but enough information must be provided to help individuals understand the context. In some instances, no amount of context will allow the content to be shown.
- Defamatory. Do not publish defamatory statements while using the Service and limit yourself to statements of fact and opinion. Do not personally insult someone, spread malicious rumors or gossip.
- Unauthorized. Do not access an account that is not yours without permission, do not promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, and do not infringe on others’ trademarks, copyright, or legal rights.
- Use of Duplicate Accounts. Do not create or use multiple accounts to evade our policies or bypass blocks or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. For example, if your account has been suspended for abuse, don’t create a replacement account that engages in similar activity.
- Impersonation and Misrepresentation of Identity. Do not impersonate a person or organization or misrepresent yourself (e.g. do not impersonate any person or organization you do not represent, provide misleading information about a user’s identity, do not falsely imply affiliation with or endorsement by another individual or organization).
Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Service or obtained by you through the Service is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, Content that has been mislabeled or is otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content generated or made available via the Service.
We give you a personal, limited, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, and non-exclusive license to use the software that is provided to you by us as part of the Service for your personal or business use. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Service as provided by us, subject to these Terms.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our internal computer systems including technical delivery systems of our subcontractors used to provide the Service; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Service by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by us (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us; (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Service to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Service or its users.
4. Privacy and Personal Data
Remo may need to send you information about the Service, such as important service announcements and administrative messages, by SMS, e-mail, or other means of electronic communication, by posting a notice on the Website, or through any other relevant communication channels.
Remo may offer to send you promotional information by SMS, e-mail, or other means of electronic communication. You may choose to opt in to receiving such communications.
We may make available functionality allowing you to integrate other services (“Integration Service”) into Remo. Usage of such services will be governed by the Terms applicable for the Integration Service used.
When using the Service or third-party integrations to the Service, you may be exposed to commercial messages and advertisements. The Website and the Service may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Remo of the contents of such third-party websites. Remo excludes any responsibility for the content of linked third-party websites.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, title to and interest in the Service (excluding User Content) are and will remain the exclusive property of Remo. The Service and its content are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights in the country you reside as well as foreign countries.
Except for the limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license granted to you for the sole purpose of your use of the Service in compliance with the Terms, you are not granted any ownership of or license to any intellectual property rights in our Service or in the content owned by us our partners that you access through the Service.
The trademarks, logos, domain names and any other similar signs or symbols which are displayed on the Website or as part of the Service are the registered and unregistered marks of Remo. Nothing in the Terms grants you the right to use any such marks.
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service. By submitting User Content, you grant Remo, or must procure that your licensors grant Remo, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable and worldwide license to use, reproduce, store, modify, distribute, publish and create derivative works of such User Content for any purpose, commercial or otherwise. You represent and warrant that you own any User Content submitted by you or that you otherwise are entitled to submit such User Content and to grant us such license.
You may stop using our Service, by requesting the deletion of your account. As a subscriber of the paid version, you may terminate your subscription at any time as explained in the Customer Terms of Service.
Disclaimer of warranty. Remo provides the Service to you as-is. You acknowledge that the Service is not error-free. You use it at your own risk and discretion. That means the Service doesn’t come with any warranty. None express, none implied. Remo makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the availability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, performance, and quality of the Service. Remo will from time to time have to carry out updates and maintenance of the Service, due to technical, security or operational reasons, during which time the Service might be unavailable. Remo will make reasonable efforts to arrange updates and maintenance outside of peak usage hours.
Limitation of Liability. Remo shall not be liable for any damages, whether arising under law, contract, warranty, indemnification, tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, loss of profits or business opportunities, or damages resulting from loss of data or loss of access to the Service. In any event, Remo’s total liability shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the Service during the last 12 months prior to the incident that causes the liability.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Remo and its partners from all claims, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arise from your misuse of the Service in breach of the Terms or applicable laws. Remo reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You shall cooperate in good faith with Remo in asserting any available defenses.
Partial invalidity. If any provision of the Terms is declared invalid or unenforceable by a court or other binding authority, the remaining terms (or parts), conditions and provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Force majeure. Force Majeure means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of either party, including, without limitation, fire, explosion, strikes or other labor disputes, riots or other civil disturbances, voluntary or involuntary compliance with any law, order regulation, recommendation, or request of any governmental authority, and errors or downtime in networks, power supply, gateway or similar failures of communication. Neither party will have any liability, other than for the payment of money owing, for their failure to perform any of their contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with events of force majeure.
Assignment. Remo is entitled, in whole or in part, to assign its rights and obligations under the Terms to a third party at its own discretion.
Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution. The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of Delaware. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction and legal venue of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.